Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children
The Strategic Migration Partnership supports Local Authorities within the East of England
- To respond to the needs of Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children (UASC). Priorities include coordinating the region’s participation in the National Transfer Scheme and the resettlement of UASC through Home Office resettlement programmes.
- To meet their statutory responsibilities. The SMP facilitates training on UASC related topics including Age Assessments and Human Rights Assessments.
- By sharing information around best practice through mapping and data collection to capture key learning, good practice, issues and new developments. This learning is shared via the regional Social Care Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children group and through regular communications with the region’s Local Authorities.
- By facilitating collaboration among multiple stakeholders from the Home Office to local non-governmental organisations to develop a strategic approach to promoting the benefits of migration and minimising any adverse impacts.
- By participation in and networking with sub regional, regional and national groups and organisations to address policy issues and to identify common issues and challenges.