Please note this training is only offered to local authorities and organisations working in the East of England. We will prioritise local authority participants who have not attended the social services’ support for adults with no recourse to public funds training. We will confirm your place a week before the training (16 April 2021)
Who it’s for
- Social workers
- NRPF caseworkers
- Local authority legal officers
What you’ll learn
- What ‘no recourse to public funds’ means and who this applies to
- What to consider when undertaking a child in need assessment for a child in an NRPF household
- What to consider when providing support under section 17 of the Children Act 1989
- When a human rights assessment is required
- How to identify and assist a family to achieve a sustainable outcome and expedite case resolution
- Best practice in case management and service delivery
- Part 1: (9:30-11:00) Introduction to ‘no recourse to public funds’ (NRPF)
- Part 2: (11:30-13:00) Assessing need and providing support under section 17 of the Children Act 1989
- Part 3: 14:00-15:30) Exit pathways and case resolution
This is an interactive course and includes case studies.
This course is delivered by NRPF Network. Attendees will receive the joining instructions by email in advance of the training.
Please notify Gosia Strona on the details below if you have booked a place, but are subsequently unable to attend the training.
For further information and any queries, please contact Gosia Strona, Senior Manager, Strategic Migration Partnership, email: [email protected] mobile: 07920 257947