London Clinical Network is working in partnership with Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority Groups to deliver interactive two hour workshops to provide an introductory insight into the cultural barriers and adaptions that can be implemented when supporting and engaging with specific groups. The ninth workshop with be delivered in partnership with Maternity Action.
This session will cover the following areas:
- Overview of the charging regulations for secondary healthcare in England
- How does charging work in hospital
- Residency test used by the NHS
- Exempt Groups
Immigration health surcharge
- Exempt secondary healthcare services
- Particular forms of violence
- Immediate necessary treatment
- Who is chargeable for secondary healthcare
- NHS debts
Presenters will use power point presentations, visual materials and facilitate case studies discussions. Each trainee will receive relevant hand-outs for future reference and a CPD certificate after completion over evaluation surveys.
Audience: London Maternity Staff.
These workshops will not be recorded. CPD Certificates will be available for professionals that attend the session and complete the feedback survey.
If you have any queries please contact Rachel Heathcock, Project Manager, Equality in Healthcare, East of England LGA,
Email; [email protected]
Please contact Rachel Heathcock at rachel.[email protected] for more information about this workshop.