We are recruiting - High Skills Employment & Employer Liaison Adviser
High Skills Refugee Employment and Employer Liaison Adviser, WW4RI
The East of England Strategic Migration Partnership (SMP) is building on the success of its Wellbeing and Work Refugee Integration Programme (WW4RI) and would like to hear from you if you are passionate about helping refugees secure sustainable work that reflects their skills and experience.
We are looking for someone who can support a caseload of up to 50 clients who have come to the UK with professional qualifications and need support to achieve their goals. You will achieve this through a combination of:
– Obtaining evidence of qualification equivalence.
– Working with professionally qualified mentors who can offer professional guidance to individual refugees in the same profession.
– Working with the regional ESOL lead to source suitable English language courses to further their professional goals.
– Working with major national employers to develop schemes to support refugee professionals looking to join their workforce e.g. NHS.
In addition, you will collaborate with smaller, local employers in the East of England to ensure that work placements arranged by the Employer Liaison Officer take place and you monitor outcomes from the employer and the placement worker.
We can offer being part of a well-regarded public sector employer, learning and development in the job, and support from an experienced manager.
Please see the Job Description and Person specification for more information: High Skills Refugee Employment & Employer Liaison Adviser JD + PSpec May 2022
Please see more information about the SMP and EELGA here: Home – EELGA SMP
For a conversation about the role, please contact Louise Gooch here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply by email to Hilary.Jarrett-Firat@eelga.gov.uk with:
- your CV (with full employment history and qualifications),
- supplementary information form CV Supplementary Information Form
- Equal Opportunities form. Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
The deadline for applications is midday on 11 May. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete a short, written test, on 12 May 2022 and a virtual interview to be held on 13 May 2022.