This training will run across 2 consecutive mornings (9:30am-1pm on 6-7 January 2021). By signing up to this training, you are confirming that you can attend both sessions. If you cannot attend both sessions, please do not sign up for this event.
This course is specifically focused on training foster carers and care home staff in the East of England region, however supervising fostering social workers who work with children vulnerable to exploitation and trafficking are encouraged to attend too. Due to the current Public Health situation this course will be delivered online in two separate half-day modules
– An overview of child trafficking in the UK, including the various different forms of child trafficking, modern slavery and exploitation we encounter, their indicators and dynamics.
– Consider trauma-informed work and the specific challenges child victims of trafficking experience.
In this module we consider what works and ‘best practice’ in caring for and providing safe accommodation for child victims of trafficking. We also look at the issue of child victims of trafficking going missing from care and the best practice in the safeguarding and disruption response.
Other course information:
- Youth participation is very important to us, therefore as often as possible our training is co-delivered by a young person we support at ECPAT UK.
- Participants will receive a digital training pack to complement the training delivered.
- This project is specifically focused on training foster carers and care home support, however we also encourage supervising fostering social workers to attend too. However our experience is social workers are prioritised over foster carers and care home staff, therefore should your organisation access this training foster carers or care home staff must be in the majority. This training is also only appropriate to practitioners who work with children vulnerable to exploitation and trafficking (for example adolescents, unaccompanied children etc.), it is not relevant to those professionals who only work with babies, infants and younger children.
This training is delivered by ECPAT UK www.ecpat.org.uk
Attendees will receive the joining link by email in advance of the training
Please notify Helen Hancock on the details below if you have booked a place, but are subsequently unable to attend the training.
This event is now fully booked. To register an interest in attending future events or for further information and any queries, please contact Helen Hancock, UASC Regional Coordinator, Strategic Migration Partnership, email: email@example.com telephone: 07908 399625