Who it’s for
- Social workers
- NRPF caseworkers
- Healthcare professionals
- Local authority legal officers
Please note this training is only offered to local authorities and organisations working in the East of England.
What you’ll learn
- What ‘no recourse to public funds’ means and who this applies to
- What to consider when assessing needs of a person with no recourse to public funds under the Care Act 2014
- When accommodation may be provided to meet needs under the Care Act 2014 or section 117 of the Mental Health Act 1983
- When and how to undertake a human rights assessment
- Best practice in case management and service delivery
- Part 1 (9:30-11:00): Introduction to ‘no recourse to public funds’ (NRPF)
- Part 2 (11:30-13:00): Providing accommodation under the Care Act 2014 & section 117 of the Mental Health Act 1983
- Part 3 (14:00-15:30): Human rights assessments when the Schedule 3 exclusion applies
This is an interactive course and includes case studies.
This course is delivered by NRPF Network. Attendees will receive the joining instructions by email in advance of the training.
Please notify Gosia Strona on the details below if you have booked a place, but are subsequently unable to attend the training.
For further information and any queries, please contact Gosia Strona, Senior Manager, Strategic Migration Partnership, email: [email protected] mobile: 07920 257947