London Clinical Network is working in partnership with Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority Groups to deliver interactive two hour workshops to provide an introductory insight into the cultural barriers and adaptions that can be implemented when supporting and engaging with specific groups. The first workshop with be delivered in partnership with the Raham Project focussing on the South Asian Community.
By the end of the workshop delegates will have:
- Greater awareness of barriers South Asian Women face within neonatal, maternity and perinatal mental health services
- A better awareness of health disparities
- Awareness of unconscious/conscious bias towards South Asian Community
- Had a opportunity to ask questions and share experience
- Discuss best practice and next steps
Audience: London Maternity Staff.
These workshops will not be recorded. CPD Certificates will be available for professionals that attend the session and complete the feedback survey.
If you have any queries please contact Rachel Heathcock, Project Manager, Equality in Healthcare, East of England LGA,
Email; [email protected]
Please contact Rachel Heathcock at rachel.[email protected] for more information about this workshop.